Our client based in Mingenew on a large property of 22,000ha (cropping 16,000ha), are looking for an experienced General Farm Hand to join their team. The farm is a stone's throw away from the BEAUTIFUL COASTAL TOWN of Dongara which is known as the "Rock Lobster Capital of Australia".
You will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of plant production from planting grains through to harvest. You will be driven, mechanically minded, hard working, have excellent communication skills and the ability to work unsupervised and within a team.
Duties will include:
- Deep-ripping, seeding, mouldboard ploughing, fertilizer spreading, pest & weed control
- Harvesting of grain
- Maintain, adjust and ready equipment and vehicles used in planting, cultivating, harvesting, moving, processing, and storing plant and animal farm products
- Storage, grading and the dispatch of grains to grain handlers
- Cartage of fertilizer from handlers to farm gate
- Record keeping during crop production for quality assurance and historical archives
- Assist in the maintenance of farm buildings
- Aeneral farm duties including fencing, clearing of laneways & fire breaks
- Minimum 3 years experience within similiar role
- Spraying experience preferred, but not essential as the farmer will train you
- Competent in machine operation, in particular large Agricultural machinery (JD Self Propelled machinery)
- Minimum HR license required with a willingness to upgrade
- A very attractive salary will be negotiated dependant on skills and experience
- Accommodation options are available to suit singles or a family and includes electricity and gas
- Meals are included during peak periods
This really is a fantastic opportunity to build upon your current skill set and progress your farming career. You'll love the location too - so APPLY TODAY!!!
YOU CAN ALSO REFER A FRIEND! Find out more info here: https://www.ruralenterprises.com.au/employee/referral-scheme
ALL ENQUIRIES WELCOME - CALL JADE OR REBECCA FOR A CONFIDENTIAL CHAT ON 9477 6600 or email email@example.com