Integral to the effective coordination of farm operations, this position will require you to apply your demonstrated leadership skills, knowledge and understanding of general farm operations and genuine passion for the industry.
Good things to know:
- The organisation is looking for someone who is motivated and wants to be a part of a progressive establishment
- Always looking for ways to improve and your contribution towards this will be recognised and rewarded
- Professional employer offering long term job security
- Plenty of support, advice, training and leadership available from the Farm Manager
- Very attractive remuneration for the right candidate who brings a professional, quality approach to the table
- 3x1 family accommodation
General Requirements of the Position:
- Support the Farm Manager by overseeing the day to day running of the farm
- Actively involved in planning and preparation of annual cropping program in conjunction with the Farm Manager
- Input into decision making processes surrounding the purchase of new equipment
- Training/ mentoring of staff
- Responsible for overseeing a team of Machine Operators, Farm Hands & Graduates
- Operate/ maintain machinery as required
- Administrative tasks including monthly stock take, maintaining records across spraying program / paddock data
- Research and development activities including the engagement with industry bodies to understand current and potential farming trends, maintain current knowledge of techology, undertake ongoing professional development and assisting with the design, implementation and reporting on farm trials.
- Provide strong Occupational Health and Safety leadership and ensure safety processes are followed by employees and contractors on farm.
Technical Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong focus on modern farm machinery, with up-to-date GPS knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years’ hands on experience
- At least 2 years within management or senior machinery operator position overseeing a team.
- Previous experience within a leadership role will be highly regarded
- HR licence
- Sound mechanical skills
- You must be able to lead by example
- You will have excellent communication skills and apply them within a leadership capacity
- Possess the right attitude in order to promote a positive and cohesive team environment
- The ability to work efficiently and manage your time effectively
- Genuine passion and motivated by establishing your long term career within the industry
*** Note: You will be required to provide at least 3 recent senior level employment references who can VERIFY AND VALIDATE your experience as they relate to the skills and attributes outlined above ***
YOU CAN ALSO REFER A FRIEND! Find out more info here:
ALL ENQUIRIES WELCOME - CALL JADE OR REBECCA FOR A CONFIDENTIAL CHAT ON 9477 6600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click to Apply