Our client is a progressive young farming family, who are enthusiastic about their business and have a fun outlook on life who are looking for a like-minded individual who was strong machinery operating skills.
A large component of the role can involve operating machinery, such as spreading, seeding, boomspray operating, harvesting and truck work. There will be other farm duties to do as well such as fencing, rock ripping and general farm jobs.
The successful applicant needs to have a passion for the rural lifestyle and be competent to work alone and with casual and full time employees.
Important Things to Know:
- This position description explains ALL the jobs currently requiring to be filled and will depend on the strengths of the applicant/s.
- If you meet some (or perhaps all!) of the listed skills/ experience, we would love to hear from you.
- Position can be structured depending on your strengths, skills & experience.
- Flexible commencement date - August would be ideal with on-farm interviews required.
As an experienced Farm Hand, you will be:
- Primarily responsible for operating different machinery including header, boom spray, seeder and truck
- Required to be able to help maintain major farm machinery to a high standard
- Mechanically minded and optimistic problem solver
- Working alongside the farm owner and another full-time staff member, plus casuals during seeding and harvest
- A self-starter with a strong knowledge of agricultural diesel engines
Skills/ Experience required:
- A consistent background/ experience within a broadacre farming environment
- Possess strong broadacre machinery operation skills, including boomspray, headers and seeding equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude with agricultural diesel engines
- MC licence if successful applicant is interested in truck work, otherwise HC licence
- Must be able to use your initiative, work unsupervised enthusiastically
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude and a team player
Salary/ package details:
- Working under the Pastoral Award as a farm and livestock hand, Level 7 (FLH7).
- Attractive salary package is on offer dependent on experience ranging from but not limited to $90,000 - $95,000 per annum. This can be paid on an hourly wage or salary structure.
- Vehicle available for work purposes
- Working hours (45-60hrs per week), increasing during busy periods (16-20 weeks per year)
- Accommodation options! Your choice of either a clean, comfortable and cosy 3x1 with HUGE backyard, garage/ workshop and located in Nyabing town centre or;
- On-farm 3x1 older style brick and tile farmhouse, located 20kms from Nyabing town centre
Good Things To Know:
- Modern machinery equipped with the latest John Deere Greenstar technology
- 2017 model T909 Kenworth Truck, John Deere R series tractor, John Deere S680 headers, DBS bar and Auseeder bin all running on a 12.2m tram
- Primary school located in Nyabing (15km), High School in Katanning, approx 60kms
- Strong community spirit with a young family demographic
- Sporting facilities, general stores and brand new community built Hub (pub)
- Only a 2hr drive from the lovely coastal towns of Albany and Bremer Bay
- 60kms from the larger tow of Katanning, with larger supermarkets - Woolworths
Dont miss out - Apply Now!!!
YOU CAN ALSO REFER A FRIEND! Find out more info here: https://www.ruralenterprises.com.au/employee/referral-scheme
ALL ENQUIRIES WELCOME - CALL JADE OR REBECCA FOR A CONFIDENTIAL CHAT ON 9477 6600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.