Our client requires an individual who has considerable experience and a GENUINE interest in broadacre cropping and livestock to assist in all aspects of mixed farm operations. Located centrally to major regional centres such as Ballarat and Ararat, all the local conveniences you would expect are easily accessible.
With the flexible and family friendly work hours you will also benefit from spending time exploring the local regions including the spectacular GRAMPIAN MOUNTAIN RANGES within close proximity. Known for its beautiful nature and wildlife, impressive waterfalls and scenic lookouts you are able to maximise every minute of your recreational time.
About the Role:
- Comprising approx. 70% cropping, 30% sheep
- 1200ha cropping / 1200 head of sheep
- Assist in aspects of preparing, sowing, spray & fertilising and harvest
- Carry out maintenance and repairs of equipment
- Occasional truck driving
- Animal husbandry
- Carry out ongoing maintenance/repairs and improvements to farm infrastructure
- You are someone who is EXPERIENCED and understands mixed farming operations and what is required to assist in the smooth operation of the enterprise
- You understand the expense involved in running machinery and therefore have a good attention to detail, are mechanically minded and cost conscious
- Ability to work autonomously
- Competent operator on various machinery associated with sowing and harvesting and experienced operating large equipment
- You are ready to settle either independently or with your family and are genuine about securing long term employment
- Good maintenance skills, welding and fabrication skills are a bonus!
- Min HC licence required however this may be negotiable dependant on what additional skills you can bring to the role
- Hold an interest in Agronomy
- Have an enthusiastic approach towards working with the farmer to improve overall farming operations and take the next step to add to your farming skills and experience.
What’s on Offer:
- Local primary school located in Skipton which is only 20 minutes away and bus pick up close to farm
- Flexible salary arrangements
- Family friendly work hours
- Accommodation on farm (3x1 home)
- Local sporting clubs, great community spirit, lots of young kids, church, footy club, cricket, tennis etc.
- Swimming facilities located in Ararat - 26kms away
Great employer who will give back what you put in, is flexible with most of your working conditions and located in an areathat offers a fabulous community / regional lifestyle. In return the farmer requires an individual who can work closely with them, work autonomously and have long term employment goals.
YOU CAN ALSO REFER A FRIEND! Find out more info here: https://www.ruralenterprises.com.au/employee/referral-scheme
ALL ENQUIRIES WELCOME - CALL JADE OR REBECCA FOR A CONFIDENTIAL CHAT ON 08 9477 6600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Click to Apply