Our client is a progressive young farming family, who are enthusiastic about their business and have a fun outlook on life. They are looking for a like-minded individual who has strong machinery operating skills to join their team. A large component of the role will involve operating machinery, such as spreading, seeding, boomspray operating, harvesting and truck work. There will be other farm duties to do as well such as fencing, rock ripping and general farm jobs.
The successful applicant needs to have a passion for the rural lifestyle, be competent to work alone and with casuals and full time employees.
Good Things To Know:
- Fantastic work environment, professional and friendly enterprise
- Modern machinery equipped with the latest John Deere Greenstar technology
- 2017 model T909 Kenworth Truck, John Deere R series tractor, John Deere S680 headers, DBS bar and Auseeder bin all running on a 12.2m tram
- Strong community spirit with a young family demographic
- Sporting facilities, general stores and brand new community built Hub (pub)
- Only a 2hr drive from the lovely coastal towns of Albany and Bremer Bay
As an experienced Farm Hand, you will be:
- Primarily responsible for operating different machinery including header, boom spray, seeder
- Required to be able to help maintain major farm machinery to a high standard
- Mechanically minded and optimistic problem solver
- Working alongside the farm owner and 2x full-time staff members, plus casuals during seeding and harvest
- A self-starter with a strong knowledge of agricultural diesel engines
Skills/ Experience required:
This role can be structured depending on your strengths, skills and experience. Ideally you will have:
- A consistent background/ experience within a broadacre farming environment
- Possess strong broadacre machinery operation skills, including boomspray, headers and seeding equipment
- Minimum HC licence, or alternatively the willingness and ability to obtain
- Must be able to use your initiative and be enthusiastic about contributing to a high performing farm
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude and a team player
Salary/ package details:
- Working under the Pastoral Award as a Farm and Livestock Hand, Level 5/6 (FLH5/6)
- Attractive salary package is on offer dependent on experience, ranging from but not limited to $82,000 - $85,000 per annum. This can be paid on an hourly wage or salary structure.
- Vehicle available for work purposes
- On-farm 3x1 older style brick and tile farmhouse, located 20kms from Nyabing town centre
YOU CAN ALSO REFER A FRIEND! Find out more info here: https://www.ruralenterprises.com.au/employee/referral-scheme
ALL ENQUIRIES WELCOME - CALL JADE OR REBECCA FOR A CONFIDENTIAL CHAT ON 9477 6600 or email email@example.com.