Station Hand required now on a large cattle station located within the Wiluna WA region. This is a long term, full time position with a view to permanent for the right person. To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate at least 12 months experience in a similar role.
About the role:
- Distribute trough and stock feed blocks as required
- Demonstrating safe and best practice stock handling and management
- Conduct regular mill runs to inspect water point infrastructure, and repairs as required
- Maintain the homestead buildings and gardens, workshop buildings and livestock infrastructure including fencing and yards and surrounds in a clean and tidy manner, and perform minor repairs as required
- Carry out daily vehicle checks and routinely perform preventative maintenance on vehicles, plant and equipment
- Communicate with management regarding mill and water point maintenance requirements and promptly report major water, windmill, trough, livestock issues, vehicle managements requirements
- Maintain records and/or daily diaries for observations, infrastructure repairs, maintenance and other events for reporting to management.
- Team of 3 (manager and contractors)
- Days/hours as required at peak times, 40 hours per week of work
- Must be capable of looking after yourself
- You will enjoy autonomy and responsibility
- Minimum 12 months experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated experience with low stress stock handling
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills
- You will have common sense, honesty, be neat and tidy in both work and personal hygiene, be able to work independently and in a team environment, and be accountable
- Physically fit and healthy to meet the physical demands of the position
- Must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Respectful and courteous to others
What’s on offer:
- Salary - award rate dependent on experience and age
- Accommodation on site - depending on applicant, there is a 3x1 house available, which includes power and water
- Landline, satellite phone (for emergency use), tv dish & decoder
- Fuel allowance and meat allowance subject to approval by management
Facilities in town include:
- Service station, grocery store/post office, shire offices, school, swimming pool, art gallery/visitor centre, medical centre
NB: Subject to pre employment drug, alcohol and fitness testing.
YOU CAN ALSO REFER A FRIEND! Find out more info here: https://www.ruralenterprises.com.au/employee/referral-scheme
ALL ENQUIRIES WELCOME - CALL JADE OR REBECCA FOR A CONFIDENTIAL CHAT ON 9477 6600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click to Apply