NB. If you are not currently looking, don't forget about our Referral Scheme - we pay YOU $500 if we successfully recruit someone you recommend. Find out more info here: https://www.ruralenterprises.com.au/employee/referral-scheme
Our Client requires a HD Mechanic for their mixed farming property at Varley, located 420kms SE of Perth. You will enjoy a variety of tasks and have the opportunity to repair and maintain an extensive array of the latest John Deere farming equipment and machinery.
Good things to know:
- 70% of the role will be servicing and maintaining machinery.
- 10% operating agricultural machinery (spraying, seeding, spreading, header/chaser).
- 20% of the role will be driving road train.
- Team of 3 permanents with up to 4 casuals throughout the year.
About the Role:
- You will be responsible for all servicing and maintenance including, scheduled maintenance, repairs and preventative maintenance, at our workshops and in field.
- MC Truck Driving and machinery operation.
- Standard 45 hour working week; 80 hours during peak periods.
- Qualifications and/or employment background with demonstrated mechanical and ideally, agricultural maintenance skills and knowledge.
- Experience working/running in a workshop.
- Strong ability to be a self-starter and take on responsibility.
- MC licence (or ability and willingness to gain one).
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with a can-do attitude.
- Team player who can work effectively with people from different backgrounds.
- Passion for agriculture, and specifically machinery!
- Must possess a positive fluid outlook and be adaptable to changing situations.
What’s on Offer:
- An attractive wages package based upon relevant qualifications and experience in the range of $30/hr for every hour worked.
- A passionate and energetic team culture working alongside two other permanent employees and the Owner.
- 4 x 1 well-presented home.
- Work vehicle/running costs.
- Boarding School subsidy where applicable.